CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points to predict technology trends. We believe that technology and probability are better than talking heads when it comes to helping our clients predict their next market, acquisition, investment, customer or their competitor's next move.
Drive CB Insights' growth as part of the Business Development team.
The CB Insights Account Executive will guide qualified prospects toward becoming new customers. You will spend the majority of your time demoing prospects on our web-based products and following up with them with an eye on closing new business. You will be product and industry savvy (venture capital and technology should get you excited), an independent worker, and excited about building and managing your own book of business. This is a unique sales opportunity to enter into a high-growth company that has found product-market fit, but which is (very) far from exhausting its addressable market.
- Own, manage, and drive the full sales cycle from first contact through contract negotiation/close
- Dig in and be hands on in learning the product, and leverage your presentation skills via web-based product demonstrations
- Achieve sales targets through identifying, qualifying, and closing business
- Maintain updated sales records and prospect status in salesforce.com with an eye toward a healthy pipeline
- Collaborate across both sales and product teams to ensure prospects get timely, helpful information that increases product knowledge & interest
- Forecast your personal sales activity, revenue achievement, and update activity/prospect status in regular sales meetings
- Bachelors degree or higher required.
- 2+ years experience selling software or technology solutions, services, or applications
- Strong experience building a pipeline, qualifying, and identifying deals you can close
- Strong communication and persuading skills
- Demonstrated top performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Advanced working knowledge of technology, venture capital and emerging industry trends