What is the position?
Design is one of the most powerful tools we have at Oscar. Healthcare is incredibly complex, but with design, we can create a better experience for doctors and patients. Our goal is to build a trusted and dependable brand that people trust.
At Oscar, you’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, marketers, and other designers. Collaboration is key to our success, and the design team is one of the key players in differentiating Oscar and creating a better healthcare experience. We encourage a sense of autonomy, expecting our designers to be able to think critically and act as leaders. That means being able to see between the lines, give and take feedback well, and actively research concepts that may be foreign.
The Oscar design team is a small, tight-knit group of ambitious and grounded people. It goes without saying that egos won't fit on the team. As part of the design team at Oscar, you would be expected to work great on your own, but even better as part of the team.
- You’re a strong conceptual thinker
- You love simplicity and can demonstrate an understanding of complex concepts through design
- You know, love, and have opinions about design fundamentals: Typography, Iconography, Form, Color, and Composition
- You have a great attitude and a lack of ego. Oscar supports team collaboration, idea sharing, and mentorship
- Assisting the product and marketing teams in implementing precise visual design
- Supplying graphics across many different mediums: web, iOS, Android, and print
- Working with developers and vendors to ensure implementation is to specification
- Working on print and other materials for our members and partners
- Creating guidelines in different formats that help the team ship the highest level of detail
- Building and maintaining asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Curating content when needed: screenshot narratives, personas in photography, etc.
- BFA/MFA or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and perspective of print production and resources
- Knowledge in interaction design through web and mobile best practices
- Demonstrated production skills and an expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and familiarity After Effects (or another animation platform to quickly animate designs)