Oscar’s product team applies technology and design to change healthcare. As an Associate Product Manager, you’ll work closely with a team of engineers & designers to build the next-generation of care experiences, help Oscar expand into new markets, create better ways for our doctors to interact with their patients, and optimize our internal operations and processes.
In your first year at Oscar, you’ll work closely with a PM or Director to learn about the company and build your skills as a product leader. As you grow, you and your team will become increasingly autonomous, with the goal of developing you into a full PM & a product thought leader at the company.
We’d love to hear about your experiences and interests to see if Oscar’s APM program would be a good fit for you!
- Familiar with product & engineering. You’ve interned at a large technology company or high-caliber startup, preferably in a product or software engineering role.
- A fast learner. Our industry is one of the most complicated; you’re excited to learn the details and become an expert in health infrastructure. Product management is a difficult and nuanced role, and you’re eager to learn from our team.
- Analytical. You know how to analyze a complex system, and how to communicate that complexity simply and cleanly. You use data to inform decisions whenever possible. Data analytics experience (i.e. SQL, Python) is a plus.
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and design a holistic solution, all the way from top-level goals to operational details.
- User-centric. You have a strong intuition for user experience design, and you can work closely with designers to create great products.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines and bring people together using clear communication and structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. You can develop a long-term vision and work backwards to choose what is most important to work on at any given time.
- Collaborative. You love helping others around you do their best work.
- Organized. You know how to get things done.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, and nice.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Working alongside an Oscar PM or Director to define the strategy and business/user goals of your features and product area(s).
- Working with a team of engineers, designers and other internal stakeholders to design and build technology products.
- Making sure your team’s product launches are on track and high quality, and helping your team adjust as needed.
- Using data and user research to inform decisions and measure your success.
- Coordinating and organizing work across multiple teams and functions within Oscar.
- Testing, monitoring and maintaining the areas you’re responsible for to ensure seamless and uninterrupted operations.
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.