Intersection is turning cities into communities. We believe that technology can be used to bring people together. We deliver tailored information to help people get the most out of their surroundings, engage with their communities, get where they want to go, and connect with the cities in which they live, work, and play.
Intersection is looking for a Business Analyst to join our team!
- Work as a part of a multidisciplinary team to solve complex business problems for clients that require both creative and analytical thinking.
- Define project scope by working closely with the customer to identify, clearly articulate and prioritize business requirements.
- Participate in project deliverable creation, review, management and archiving.
- Interface with vendors, consultants and software providers on behalf of the client (as required).
- Solid functional knowledge and business experience, including but not limited to Marketing Workflow, IT strategy consulting, business analysis, business operations, application development, enterprise application, IT architecture, business process mapping.
- Stay up to date on business and IT trends, strategy and design thinking and management consulting practices
- Structure and carry out essential research and analysis, including but not limited to user interviews, business process mapping, systems evaluations and market and competitive analysis.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings, recommendations and insights clearly, effectively and professionally.
- Travel, as required by client and project
Day to Day Activities:
- Leads regular communication with client both onsite and remotely (project status meetings, working sessions, requirements gathering, findings and recommendations reports, executive updates, etc.)
- Develops and maintains tools and techniques to analyze client’s business and technology issues/needs
- Elicit requirements using various elicitation techniques like interviews, requirements workshops, site visits, use cases, scenarios, process analysis etc.
- Works with client to understand/identify key business and technology problems through conducting user interviews, process shadowing, or other means.
- Provides support in developing project plans with timelines, key milestones, and expected outcomes and responsible for providing key inputs to the plan on a regular basis (accomplishments, tasks status, risks, concerns, issues)
- Collaborates with key internal teams (Enterprise Architecture, Design, Product Development, Program Management, Quality Assurance, etc.) to plan sound technology strategies and execute project tasks
- Conducts research related to project goals and deliverables, including product/platform research, market research, competitive analysis, industry research, etc.
- Manages the timely delivery of recommendations and/or findings to clients from research/analysis efforts
- Contributes to project governance and communication processes: tracking project deliverables and timelines, reviewing resource utilization and documenting formal project updates and communications
- Proactively follow escalation and change control processes and communicate project impacts to project sponsors, owners, and business stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business analysis, business/technology consulting or technology management.
- Deep understanding of marketing and advertising applications and processes is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a business, engineering or related field.
- Ability to understand complex business problems and translate research, user needs, and technology solutions into sound business strategies for clients
- Demonstrated ability to operate, analytically, strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment and motivate, support and interact with multiple project teams.
- Superior verbal, written, presentation, meeting facilitation and interpersonal communication skills. An ability to communicate with and lead professionals including highly technical individuals.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential. Flexible and adaptable in agile environments.
- Team player who is comfortable under pressure.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel), Google (Docs, Presentation), Lucidchart or VISIO, and other collaboration-related tools.
Intersection is a technology and media company committed to improving the urban experience at the convergence of digital and physical worlds.
Our unique set of assets focuses on leveraging emerging trends in technology to improve the quality of life in cities as well as create products to grow and develop businesses. With 12 offices, media in 60 markets, and 500+ people across the United States, we carry expertise in:
- Technology & Innovation
- Advertising & Media
Our work spans across a variety of markets in cities, government, mass transit, airports and airlines, cultural institutions, retail, and telecommunication providers.
Intersection is the lead company behind LinkNYC, the largest and most advanced public Wi-Fi and street furniture network in the world. By providing up to 10,000 communication hubs for City residents and visitors with free public Wi-Fi, access to communications, information, and municipal services across the City, Intersection aims to create an array of solutions to help make cities around the world more livable and connected.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.