Over half a billion videos are watched across millions of websites on a JW Player video player every day. The Data Team at JW Player is responsible for processing the associated 3+ TB stream of data every day, extracting meaningful signals, and building valuable products for media publishers and viewers. As a Data Scientist at JW Player, you will be joining a small, collaborative team responsible for conceiving, designing, and building these products and their next generations. Powered by an AWS stack with both realtime and batch data processing, our models operate on a massive scale and have a large impact on our business.
In this role, you will:
- Dive into video network data to gain actionable insights into how video is being watched on the most popular video player on the web.
- Research, design and implement algorithms that improve JW Player's products and empower our publishers. This includes video recommendation engines, thumbnail engines, and user retention models.
- Develop features that help describe users and videos to improve predictive models.
- Influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups.
- Be responsible for bringing data driven products into production and evaluating, optimizing and supporting them.
- Provide expertise on machine learning concepts for the broader Data team and inspire the adoption of data science across the entire breadth of our organization.
We are excited about candidates who have:
- 3+ years experience of bringing data science products into production.
- Fluency in Python and its data science libraries, including: pandas, numpy, scipy, scikitlearn.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning and statistics.
- High proficiency with SQL and relational databases.
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills.
- Obsession with code quality and process-driven development.
- Experience with deep learning and related libraries such as tensorflow.
- Knowledge of big data tools like Spark, Hadoop, Hive and Presto.
- Contributed to open source projects.
- A passion for building great products
JW Player is venture-funded, online video software company centrally located in Manhattan. Our team culture allows you to manage your own timelines and projects while being a part of the fastest growing tech industry—online video. Our flagship product, the JW Player, is deployed on over 2 million websites and streams billions of videos each month. It is used by a diverse group of publishers, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. Our family of products also include video management, ads and analytics data; all key components of the video stack for publishers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.