What we want you for:
There’s a lot of noise in the media today about healthcare. Clearly, people get it’s important -- and they should -- our health is our most valuable and indispensable asset. But with so much chatter around the topic, it’s easy to get stuck just talking about the problems, as opposed to actually solving them.
Oscar is not just talking the talk -- we’re walking the walk. Our approach is to tackle the biggest problems in healthcare with technology, data, design, and, of course, really smart people to help us get to the right solutions. And because fixing our very broken system is no easy feat, we may not always get things exactly right -- but one thing’s for sure, we won’t stop trying. It’s that important.
There are great stories to tell from within Oscar’s walls that have not been told. Lots!
Here’s where you come in: we need you to help us untangle the web of rich narratives currently intertwined together and stitch it back nicely into well packaged storylines. Then we want you to tell them to the world in a way that brings clarity around the issues and advances the conversation towards real life solutions.
If you love to tell great stories, thrive in an intense but fun environment, aspire to be surrounded by people that are brilliant and want to build a career grounded on clear purpose, then Oscar is the right place for you.
The overarching goal for this role is to build a communications program, from soup to nuts, that reaches potential and current members and shows them why Oscar is the right healthcare partner for them. You will work hand in hand with the very people who are building great tools and products for our members, and develop vertical storylines that clarify and advance Oscar’s business, namely with the goal of delivering a member experience that is rooted in trust and a personal touch.
You will also take part in building the architecture and roadmap for the company’s overall communications function and help shape and define our communication team culture.
What will you will focus on:
- Become a subject area master of the healthcare ecosystem, and how Oscar’s business fits into it while differentiating itself from other healthcare providers and insurers
- Develop and connect individual marketing & communications initiatives to the company's broader strategic vision and objectives
- Ensure that Oscar’s core brand values, vision, voice, and attributes are consistently reflected throughout all communications
- Manage a brilliant communications associate and turn him into a media relations maven
- Craft, drive, manage and execute on a product, tech and consumer PR campaign, in partnership with an external PR agency
- Develop materials including briefing materials, press releases, blog posts, social media posts consistent with Oscar’s voice and backed with solid proof points
- Train and coach key Oscar employees to become rock star media ambassadors
- Measure program effectiveness and communicate learnings
Winning factors about you:
- Have 7-10 years of marketing and communications experience in a related field (tech, consumer, health, etc.). Prior exposure to or interest in the healthcare industry is a big plus
- Have great relationships with business, tech and consumer media across all mediums
- Successful candidates have an acute eye for details and think strategically and are intellectually curious, adaptable, resourceful, collaborative, and can thrive within the intensity of a high-growth, client services driven company
- Know how to deal with tricky communication issues and have the ability to think your feet quickly
- Proven abilities to cater writing style and language for different audiences and to transform complex or technical subject matter into easily digestible content
- Adept at building consensus within an organization where different ideas, opinions, and perspectives exist and are encouraged
- Driven by impact, purpose and love solving complex problems
- Hold a particular knack for operations and you thrive in team-based environments
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.