CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points to predict technology trends. We believe that technology and probability are better than talking heads when it comes to helping our clients predict their next market, acquisition, investment, customer or their competitor's next move.
Interested in following fin tech, covering everything from payments to retail banking to insurance? If yes, keep reading. Smart enough to help predict which emerging financial technology companies and products will flourish and which will flounder (using data and not your gut)? Eloquent enough to package this into readable and understandable research content?
- Write data-driven research and reports that combine our proprietary data with outside data sets to identify key trends and analyze the health of fin tech startups, companies, and investors
- Understand and develop forward-looking analyses and insights for top fin tech areas including payments, payments security, retail banking, lending, financial planning, and insurance, among others
- Develop and give client and prospect client presentations to discuss market trends in fin tech
- Support PR requests with data and category knowledge
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about technology and related disciplines such as venture capital and M&A
- Writing experience a must – can be within the fields of market research, journalism, equity research, I-banking, or consulting in tech or related area
- 1-2 years experience in fin tech related-position (can also be while working in any of the above fields). Must be able to demonstrate fin tech domain knowledge
- Must be a startup / tech geek passionate about all things technology
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients/prospects as an authority on the business and the category
- Ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus