We are Oscar
Headquartered in New York City, Oscar is aiming to revolutionize health insurance. The Oscar team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to humanize healthcare.
We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
The Internal Communications Director will report to Oscar’ s Chief People Officer and work closely with Oscar’s leadership and Corporate Communication teams. You will be responsible for developing and executing a cross-company internal communications strategy involving multiple channels and forums that fosters a clear understanding of Oscar’s business and goals, while driving and supporting its culture.
- Develop an internal communications strategy that includes the delivery of on-brand content and messaging for employees through a variety of mediums and channels (for example: intranet, email, collateral, video, talking points, articles, blogs, town halls, social media)
- Proactively lead and execute internal communications projects and campaigns that align with articulate and support Oscar’s business goals and values as well as continue to influence a positive culture and engaged workforce
- Work closely with senior leadership and department heads to plan effective communications that support business objectives, including matters of strategic corporate significance
- Partner with Oscar’s Communications & Corporate Social Responsibility team to ensure consistency with external messaging and strategy, including matters affecting organizational perception and reputation and crisis response
- Build and manage a small team to execute key results and goals throughout the year
- Develop and drive innovative internal communications programs and activities to drive employee engagement
Who are you?
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- BA/BS, preferably in a related field
- 8 or more years of experience in communications - experience in a high-growth and fast-paced environment a plus
- Superior communication (oral and written, including editing) and interpersonal skills
- High level of independence, energy and integrity, including demonstrated respect for a diversity of opinions and styles
- Proven ambassador of culture and innovative content and delivery generator
Above all else:
- Friendly, thoughtful, and kind.
- Humility, maturity, and lack of ego.
- Always a point of view and an open mind.
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.