Flatiron Health’s mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Our Project Leadership team is looking for outstanding team members who will drive Flatiron’s efforts to support our customers, both oncology clinical care providers and life sciences companies, in conducting cancer clinical trials. Successful candidates will be adept in the application of research method, skilled in the project management and process creation, and excited to create and generate new knowledge meaningful to cancer patients.
This opportunity is endless, but for starters you will support both Flatiron and our life sciences and academic partners in defining Flatiron’s approach to leveraging our unparalleled provider network to drive observational and interventional clinical research. Working in a fast-paced and rapidly expanding business, on beta products, you will be consistently challenged to partner with Flatiron colleagues to create a rock-solid, scalable clinical trials foundation for explosive growth.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define, implement, and manage the lifecycle of operations related to clinical trials. This includes onboarding and training research sites on Flatiron software and services, partnering with study sponsors to improve trial accrual
- Develop and oversee policies and procedures related to clinical trial operations in partnership with the Research Quality and Compliance team
- Act as a thought leader who identifies out of the box solutions that present value to life sciences and clinical site partners
- Serve as the main point of contact for projects; able to answer questions on screening operations and to translate requests from sponsors and clinical sites to the internal Flatiron teams
- Work with Flatiron Life Sciences Accounts, provider, and Product teams to scope new clinical trials partnerships
- Drive operational excellence for cross functional teams comprised of engineering, oncology data specialists, medical oncology, technical design and other stakeholders
- Experience in a client facing setting, preferably with life sciences companies or through work with a Contract Research Organization
- Familiarity with clinical trials operations with a specific focus on multi-site trial recruitment; experience with operational process improvement efforts in these settings
- Incredible project management and operations skills, with strong ability to keep projects and processes on track, maintain accountability, escalate and mitigate issues, all while building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The interest and flexibility to see a well entrenched processes and create a new process or solution challenging convention or norms
- Ability to create and/or implement controlled documents (i.e. standard operating procedures) for a product line
- Excited to work side-by-side with colleagues across functions, including those with technical and medical backgrounds
- Impeccable verbal and written communication and coordination skills
- Able to effectively prioritize in a challenging, time-sensitive environment
- Passionate about the Flatiron mission to improve healthcare through technology
- Oncology experience
- Clinical experience
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Strong foundation with and ability to apply FDA, ICH-GCP, HIPAA, and/or IRB requirements to daily work
- Day-to-day experience conducting clinical trials functions such as project management/leadership, monitoring, or participant recruitment