What is the Position?
At the Oscar Center, we are working hard to provide the kind of primary care health experience we would want for ourselves. This means that we get to be creative and to build an excellent operation from the ground up.
The coder / biller position is a part time (5 hours a week) position responsible for managing the claim submission process for the Oscar Center practice. Specifically, the coder / biller is responsible for confirming proper diagnosis and procedure coding, quality checking insurance information, and submitting claims for reimbursement through the Oscar Center’s EMR.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
Over the course of the first 1-2 weeks:
- Understood the process for submitting a claim in AthenaNet.
- Reviewed billing requirements with operational managers of Oscar Center.
- Reviewed coding preferences with Oscar Center doctors.
- Understood different visit types and associated coding.
- Reviewed risk adjustment diagnosis coding standards.
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis:
You continue to...
- Own submission of all claims for the Oscar Center
- Quality control every claim submitted for correct insurance information and visit details.
- Document the claims submission process for other team members.
- Support additional Oscar Center projects as needed (e.g. processing consent forms)
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- Experience with AthenaCollector required
- Proficiency with personal computers, particularly Apple products
- Love for diving into the details
- Strong emphasis on process, and ability to follow a structured approach.
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have...
- Experience in medical coding or billing
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.