About Oscar Health Center
Healthcare is broken. Patients experience a system that is fragmented, inaccessible, and impossibly complicated. We want to change that starting with primary care. We believe great primary care means providing easy access wherever and whenever patients need it most, whether that’s by phone, email, in-person, at home, or in groups and classes. We also believe medicine is a team sport and great primary care means connecting patients to a broader community of healthcare professionals and resources that are designed to address each patient’s unique healthcare needs.
Oscar, in collaboration with Mount Sinai, has launched the Oscar Center, a new primary care experience exclusively for Oscar members. The Oscar Center provides comprehensive primary care services including preventive care, chronic care management, and same-day/walk-in availability for sick visits. In our team-based approach clinical and non-clinical staff work together to deliver exceptional care. The Oscar Center is integrated with a top-tier network of specialists and community resources to make sure we guide members to the best possible care, where and when they need it most.
What is the position?
We are looking for a physician who will provide primary care within the practice and play a critical leadership role helping to run the new practice. First and foremost, this job is about being an extraordinary doctor. This includes developing innovative methods for providing care to patients, such as tele-health and groups visits.
This job also offers significant opportunities to grow as a leader building teams and new systems of care.
The target start-date is March 2016. Full-time preferred, but we will consider part-time applicants who can work at least 2.5 days per week. If you are graduating from a residency program this summer, please feel free to apply as well.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
- Provide exceptional primary care
- Use patient feedback to improve the operations of the practice
- Help recruit and train the clinical team as the practice grows
- Provide thought leadership and help test new technology and clinical programs
- Lead technology and care pilots
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school
- Board-certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- New York medical license or the ability to obtain one before start date
- Spanish proficiency is helpful, but not required
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you...
First and foremost, are passionate about delivering exceptional medical care
- Excited to practice medicine in unconventional ways including delivering more care outside the confines of the usual office visit (e.g. phone, e-mail, home visits, classes)
- Are technologically savvy and excited about how technology can change how we deliver care
- Want to practice in a team-based setting where other clinical and non-clinical team members collaborate to make decisions and care for patients
- Have experience building and leading teams
- Get excited about setting up new systems and thinking outside the box
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.