Flatiron Health’s mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Flatiron Research was started in 2014 with the goal of serving cancer patients by accelerating research. We believe that existing clinical research paradigms are ill-equipped to answer the research questions that face drug developers, academic researchers, and regulators in the oncology space today. By focusing on technology solutions that can be deployed widely across the Flatiron network of providers, Flatiron Research has the opportunity to generate insights that were previously impossible.
Today, Flatiron Research is focused on innovating in the Real-World Evidence (RWE) space. Our technology-first approach has allowed us to build RWE data sets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other data set that is available. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, 11 of the top 13 oncology biopharma companies, and the FDA, all focused on using RWE to answer critical questions quickly and safely.
The Life Sciences Partnerships team supports our biopharma partners in advancing their research priorities using RWE and other relevant Flatiron Research offerings. We’re looking for individuals that can represent the company as product experts to our life science partners. This job requires a foundational understanding of the healthcare industry, as well as client management and organizational skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for tackling one of the most complex medical and technological challenges of our time.
- Lead Flatiron’s strategic approach with life sciences partners to ensure annual business development targets are realized
- Independently identify new partners to expand Flatiron’s life sciences book of business
- Establish strong relationships with senior executives across clients to raise awareness for Flatiron’s offerings and secure support for the development of new business opportunities
- Manage a team of Associate Principals to execute against Flatiron’s sales strategy and provide strategic oversight during contract negotiations
- Support post-sale relationship at strategic level to ensure life sciences clients unlock the full potential of Flatiron’s products
- Develop deep partnerships with cross-functional Flatiron teams to support strategic thinking across product portfolio and drive decisions to invest in new / existing life sciences offerings
- Oversee development of sales strategy, new business proposal writing, development of client presentations, and tailoring of other client facing materials
- Collaborate with accounts colleagues to enhance team’s ability to deliver industry leading solutions
- Identify opportunities to support ongoing development and professional growth of direct reports
- Regularly travel to client site and industry relevant conferences (anticipated travel: 20-40%, including local day trips to client sites)
- You have a B.A. or B.S. (preferred discipline in sciences) from a top university
- You have 8+ years experience in client-facing roles of increasing responsibility, delivering products or services to life science partners, in organizations such as top 5 consulting firms, boutique life sciences consulting firms, or healthcare IT/analytics companies
- You have a track record of success in developing long term business relationships with life science companies in a strategic and abstract space
- You can apply your commercial or medical oncology content knowledge to support end-to-end client engagement process, including capabilities presentations, project scoping, and customer support
- You are flexible, have a start-up mindset, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to juggle multiple client interactions and deadlines simultaneously and have the versatility to collaborate with individuals at all levels and across various functions within life sciences firms
- You have exceptional written and communication skills and experience owning high profile client relationships
- You must be data-driven, detail-oriented, proactive, self-motivated, self-directed, engaging, personable, have a positive attitude, and be comfortable with ambiguity
- You have a deep understanding of data and the competitive landscape in the bio-pharmaceutical market
- Experience utilizing healthcare data and/or healthcare IT solutions
- MBA, PhD, MPH a strong plus, especially in biostatistics, epidemiology, health economics or related discipline with 8+ years of work experience (excluding post doctorate)
- Outcomes research background with extensive experience in cancer