Oscar is looking for an extraordinary analyst to help us understand some of healthcare’s biggest challenges! As one of the first members on the new product analytics team, you’ll play a key role in creating infrastructure and driving insights about our users and core products.
Healthcare is complicated; as an insurer we touch many parts of the system and get access to the associated data. To help us make better decisions and deliver better care, you’ll be responsible for combining many data sources and quantitative approaches to get to the answer.You are:
- Experienced. You have done quantitative analysis in a tech or startup environment for 3+ years.
- Analytical. You know how to take a complex question and break it down into manageable chunks, then use hard data to get answers.
- Technical. Excellent SQL skills are a requirement! In addition, you’re comfortable with (or would be excited to learn) at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.) and at least one statistical package (R, SPSS, etc.)
- Rigorous. You know when to trust the data, and when it might be misleading - and you let your teams know. P-values, distributions, power, and significance are all second nature to you.
- Creative. You can think of many ways to frame a problem, and if one approach doesn’t work out, that doesn’t faze you - you can think of alternatives!
- Practical. While you are curious and enjoy exploration, you innately drive to fundamental insights that make your teammates smarter, or actionable learnings that make your products more successful.
- An excellent communicator. You can take complex concepts and insights and distill them into clear, concise messages that resonate with your audience. You communicate well with everyone from Statistics PhDs to non-analytical teammates.
- Independent. You’ve been in a fast-paced startup environment before and do whatever it takes to get things done. You’re not afraid to adjust your approach, get your hands dirty, or push back and say, “Is this really our highest priority?”
- Collaborative. While you can take big projects all by yourself, you enjoy working with others to push your thinking and theirs.
- Above all: You are mature, open-minded, and nice. (No jerks allowed!)
- Gathering, understanding, and prioritizing analytics needs from across Oscar’s product teams.
- Partnering with engineering, product, design, and qualitative user research teams to identify problems and come up with ways to solve them.
- Exploring datasets to understand users, user behavior, trends, and relationships; generating insights and visualizations to help prioritize roadmaps, inform decisions, and measure success; communicating your findings to multiple teams and teammate types.
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports, and automating them where necessary.
- Proactively identifying the data we should gather, and creating processes and inserting tracking to generate and store that data cleanly.
- Setting standards across the tech and product organization for what to track and how to track it.
- Defining and implementing metrics that help us think clearly about what matters, and ignore what doesn’t.
- Creating, upgrading, and maintaining our data pipeline (in coordination with data engineers).
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.