Oscar is a new kind of insurer: we want to understand how the healthcare system works and develop ways to help our members navigate it more efficiently. We rely on a data-infused approach, deep clinical expertise, and a touch of creative insight to untangle complex health care cost and quality problems.
What is the Position?
As a member of the Quality team you will provide a systematic approach to understanding the quality of Oscar’s healthcare delivery and driving initiatives to improve them. You will critically evaluate Oscar data, regulatory requirements, and industry standards and appropriately prioritize and drive initiatives across the company to improve our internally and externally validated quality metrics.
Some of the things you’ll work on:
- Coordinate the calculation and submission of HEDIS (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set) and CAHPS (Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) scores to state and federal regulators.
- Analyze trends in Oscar HEDIS/CAHPS scores, prioritizing opportunities for improvement and developing and driving appropriate initiatives to improve scores.
- Understanding industry trends and academic advancements in the measurement of healthcare delivery and advising on their application with Oscar providers.
- Outstanding critical thinking and quantitative analysis capabilities
- Attention to detail and a passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- Stellar and proven project management abilities
- Strong verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g. partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc..)
- A proven track record in data driven analytical work, coordinating with multiple stakeholders.