What is Oscar?We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
This recruiter will be based here at our headquarters working on the business and operations side of recruiting. We partner with the business, to hire the best people, with our amazing coordinators to design and execute the best candidate experience, and with the recruiting team to evolve our process and get better and better.
Deliverables: What you have to achieveWe put a lot of time into building an outstanding team because that’s how a recruitment machine works. We work fast, hard and smart. We listen to creative ideas that will make us better. And, we have fun while we’re doing it!
This is a full-cycle recruiting role, so you get to do everything: understand your hiring team, define jobs and specs, source effectively (e.g. posting, referrals, events), work with your team of recruiters, run the assessment process, and own the offer and close.
If you love taking initiative, there are lots of projects and open doors for more.
Here is how your first year should go:
- Within your first month you got up to speed, have taken over the running pipelines for other roles, figured out the tools and started contributing, including candidate management and interview feedback with a fresh pair of eyes.
- By the end of month three, you have already filled multiple roles, your Hiring Managers commend you for process as well as results and your candidates loved their experience.
- After six months you are a key player for recruitment, have also improved processes (like candidate testing or referrals) and impacted project work (like our Employer Brand and Social Media presence).
- Within your first year, you have been a central part of making our recruitment function top-notch within the NYC tech scene.
Winning factors: What leads to success
We are looking for a strong recruiter who is able to deliver and grow.
Realistically, you have been successful in recruiting with varied experience and a track record of hiring at scale.
You have examples to show that…
- You comfortably scale and execute an end-to-end recruitment process to varied positions, using all necessary tools and tricks.
- Relationships matter: you own candidate experience and actively work with your hiring managers to get the people and culture side of the business right.
- You love owning things: you’re proud of the things you build and thrive with responsibility.
- You understand how recruitment ties into the business and ultimately how it influences its success.
Experience recruiting both in-house and agency-side, and/or in startups, tech, healthcare or insurance is a plus. Self-organization, focus, multi-tasking, and software savviness are the basics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.