Oscar is a health insurance company that is revolutionizing the way the industry works. We are using technology to make quality health insurance affordable. Every day, we are making a difference in people’s lives.
We build intuitive and powerful systems for people who use our insurance, for our staff, and for others in the healthcare ecosystem. Security of these systems is paramount to us. People who use Oscar trust us with their confidential data, and we must honor their trust.
We are looking for passionate information security leaders who are excited to take on significant responsibilities and help us build a world class security program.
As an Information Security Engineer, you will serve as both a program manager and technical lead, driving the design of our information security program and being on the front line of its implementation. Working as a direct report to our Head of Information Security, you will play a major role in setting the course for the program, making strategic decisions, and ingraining security in our systems and processes.
We believe in idea meritocracy and maintain open communication environment where our team members are encouraged to contribute and where their contributions are valued.
We have amazing world class technologists designing and developing our systems. In your role, you will work closely with them and help them implement the best information security practices.
While we are looking for people with significant domain expertise who could hit the ground running as program managers, we encourage our staff to cut across multiple information security disciplines, so that they participate in broader range of projects and grow professionally. There is no shortage of information security initiatives to participate in.
Our ideal candidates:
- Have a depth of experience in application security, infrastructure security, or threat and vulnerability management
- Worked in a DevOps or Cloud enabled environment and understand specific security concerns related to them
- Are deep thinkers, who not only come up with innovative ideas, but can clearly articulate their rationale
- Have a “roll up your sleeves” mentality, and are prepared to help implement their strategic proposals
- Enjoy being security ambassadors, promoting best security practices to the company staff and to our external partners
- Are constant learners looking for ways to develop new skills and deepen their knowledge
- Aspire to grow professionally, to take on a variety of information security responsibilities and to assume progressively more senior roles within the organization
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.