Senior Product Manager
Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. As a Senior PM, you’ll play a key role in helping Oscar identify problems to solve, creating a plan of attack, and accelerating your team’s execution.
We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next-generation consumer experiences, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations and processes, and lots more. We’d love to hear about your experiences and interests to see what would be a great fit for you!You are:
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 4+ years. (We’re serious!)
- An owner. You are used to fully owning and driving a large product area, not just a set of features. In previous or current roles, you have successfully led the creation and execution of quarterly roadmaps.
- A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; you’re excited to get into the details and become an expert in health insurance infrastructure, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
- Analytical. You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system, and how to communicate that complexity simply and cleanly. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level company goals to nitty-gritty operational details.
- User-centric. You have a passion for user experience, and you can do everything from user research to working closely with designers to create an amazing experience.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we can’t fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
- Collaborative. You have a history of successfully driving large, complex cross-functional initiatives with tech and non-tech stakeholders (in addition to being an amazing partner to the engineers, designers, and other PMs on your teams).
- Organized and process-oriented. Beyond project managing for your team and making sure things get done, you are able to successfully define new companywide processes or diagnose and improve existing ones.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, and nice. (No jerks allowed!)
- Gathering, understanding, and prioritizing complex needs from across the company.
- Generating insights from data and user research to inform decisions, create learnings, and measure success.
- Defining the business and user goals of your features and product area(s).
- Generating and managing a roadmap in close collaboration with your team and key stakeholders.
- Working with engineers, designers, and other internal stakeholders to create specs, define processes, and implement them across teams.
- Making sure your features are on track and high quality, and helping your team adjust them as needed.
- Testing, monitoring and maintaining the areas you’re responsible for to ensure seamless and uninterrupted operations.
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.