Flatiron Health’s mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
At Flatiron, we are developing and implementing novel, data-driven methods to generate new evidence from real-world data. We are looking for a Senior Scientific Project Leader to plan the research approach, organize the teams and work necessary to move it forward, interpret results and support the overall translation of data to knowledge.
This role is a combination of Principal Investigator, Project Leader and Senior Methodologist. The successful candidate is curious, enthusiastic about clinical evidence development, and a champion for rigorous science. The work is innovative and exciting, in a fast-paced environment involving diverse Flatiron employees with a wide variety of background and skill sets. As a Senior Scientific Project Leader you will be a key resource in providing scientific guidance and oversight with a strong focus on deriving insights from real-world data sources (e.g., EMRs, registries). You will be working across several projects at once, often with competing priorities and resources, so strong communication, organizational, and management skills are a must.
- Direct and organize the research approach for multiple projects with internal and external stakeholders, including Life Science companies.
- Meet tight timelines and keep other team members on track, helping to balance priorities in an ever-shifting landscape
- Drive scientific project work forward, ensuring appropriate processes and clinical contribution
- Pull in content experts, as needed, for input
- Contribute to analyses, results interpretation, and publications
- Provide team guidance through the development of novel processes and products
- Work across departments to ensure the highest scientific quality of our research
- Supply disease- and/or expertise-specific training to coworkers and clients
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, etc) from top institution(s)
- Demonstrated track record as an independent researcher in one or more oncology-relevant methodological areas (e.g., trials, real world evidence, patient-reported outcomes, health services research, implementation science, etc)
- Excited by the challenge of working to dramatically improve treatments for patients and accelerate research
- Willingness to work in a passionate, fast-paced, start-up culture
- Ease in explaining scientific terms to a lay audience
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to teach and learn