Experience a unique way to share life with friends. Snap a photo or a video, add a caption, and send it to a friend (or maybe a few). They'll view it, laugh, and then the snap disappears from the screen - unless your friend takes a screenshot! The image might be a little grainy, and you may not look your best, but that's the point. It's about the moment, a connection between friends, and not just a pretty picture. The allure of fleeting messages reminds us about the beauty of friendship - we don't need a reason to stay in touch. Give it a try, share a moment, and enjoy the lightness of being!
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We have tons of interesting technical challenges, including architecting and deploying infrastructure to handle our scale, designing a slick and secure mobile client, and maintaining an application that sees millions of users and billions of requests per day.
What you'll do:
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Do code reviews and care about code quality, while also iterating quickly
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Collaborate and work well with others
What we're looking for:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or similar technical field
- Excellent coder, who writes clean, concise code.
- Really, really good software engineers
- Get excited by tough technical challenges
- Love learning and are passionate about helping others
- 1+ year of relevant internship experience
- Have experience with mobile apps, databases, and distributed systems (a plus)
- We're looking for people who would like to be the foundation of our engineering team as we continue to grow. Come join us in shaping the way people use technology to communicate! Hope you have a fantastic day!