Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
In Engineering, we do that by building reliable and maintainable applications, infrastructure, and interfaces that make interacting with the health care system easier for everyone -- members, providers, and (yes!) ourselves. As an Oscar Engineer, you’ll be joining a tight knit, passionate team of builders. We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), and our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency === everyday).
What we’re actually doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- A search engine that effectively and efficiently connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- A tool which helps members better understand their benefits.
- A suite of React components to align functionality and styles across all of Oscar’s web properties.
You at Oscar
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You’re willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You pride yourself on building beautiful interfaces that are a joy to use.
- You like working closely with product and design teams.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds and levels of experience welcome.
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.