Flatiron Health’s mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Do you like to organize teams and set them up for success working on bleeding-edge data, product, and systems challenges? As a software engineering senior manager / director on the team, you will be responsible for the technical execution and strategy of one or more of our products or infrastructures. You will play a key role in mentoring and inspiring other software engineers on the team to improve their skills, to build impactful technology, and to work effectively as a team. You will be tasked with looking at problems in new ways and guiding your team to build simple solutions to complex problems.
The Flatiron Health engineering team builds and runs an electronic health record system that powers all of the patient care in over 270 oncology clinics, data processing pipelines, algorithmic and human-operated data curation tools, and customer-facing data analytics and visualization products. We build elegant treatment management tools and systems that clean, structure and understand clinical patient-level data as we build the largest, most comprehensive set of oncology data intelligence. We scale pipelines to handle the world's oncology data with creative engineering solutions to open-ended oncology data and product problems.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering manager or a director of engineering, with experience managing large teams or multiple teams of software engineers.
- Hire and build a world-class engineering team and nurture a world-class engineering culture.
- Champion and enforce engineering best practices.
- Develop and mentor engineering and leadership talent.
- Lead technical planning.
- Contribute to strategic and tactical product planning.
- Be responsible for the delivery and operation of high quality software that helps Flatiron to grow.
- You have a track record of leadership and successful product delivery in a startup or agile technology company.
- Your career history includes a track record of achievement as a hands-on senior software engineer.
- You keep abreast of broad technical change across the industry.
- You are passionate about performance, reliability, and scalability of systems.
- You recognize that the success of an engineering team comes from its engineers, and you are enthusiastic about coaching, mentorship, and career development.
- You proactively anticipate technical issues and make architectural and design decisions to avoid them.
- You establish credibility through strong, hands-on technology experience, and are willing to jump in the trenches when needed.