Flatiron Health’s mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Do you like leading world-class software engineers while remaining hands-on with coding and technical architecture? As a technical lead, you will be responsible for building and improving our products. You will play a key role in mentoring and inspiring other software engineers on the team to improve their skills and become more effective as software engineers. You will be tasked with looking at problems in new ways and inventing simple solutions to complex problems.
The Flatiron Health engineering team builds and runs an electronic health record system that powers all of the patient care in over 270 oncology clinics, data processing pipelines, algorithmic and human-operated data curation tools, and customer-facing data analytics and visualization products. We build elegant treatment management tools and systems that clean, structure and understand clinical patient-level data as we build the largest, most comprehensive set of oncology data intelligence. We scale pipelines to handle the world's oncology data with creative engineering solutions to open-ended oncology data problems.
We are looking for experienced technical leads and managers of small engineering teams. In most cases, you will begin at Flatiron as an individual contributor for your first few months, in order to gain context on our data, product, and technical problems, with the expectation that you will grow into a tech lead / hands-on manager role very quickly.
As a Software Engineer Tech Lead/Manager, you will:
- Join one of our cross functional development teams and contribute hands-on to our products and infrastructures.
- Act as player-coach and champion engineering best practices.
- Develop and mentor engineering and leadership talent.
- Lead technical planning.
- Contribute to strategic and tactical product planning.
- Be responsible for the delivery and operation of high quality software that helps Flatiron to grow.
- You have a track record of leadership and successful product delivery in a startup or agile technology company.
- You have strong hands-on technical skills and can contribute to coding and architecture.
- You keep abreast of broad technical change across the industry.
- You are passionate about performance, reliability, and scalability of systems.
- You recognize that the success of an engineering team comes from its engineers, and you are enthusiastic about coaching, mentorship, and career development.
- You proactively anticipate technical issues and make architectural and design decisions to avoid them.