Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 9,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities.
Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference.
Meetup is looking for a Sr. Strategy Analyst to help shape the future of our company. Meetup's Strategy Team leads our half-year planning cycle, then partners with all levels of management to understand potential opportunities, validate assumptions, execute experiments, assess findings and rapidly iterate towards success. You will play the role of engagement manager working with client teams throughout the company. Your clients may include senior leadership, product teams, communications, finance, design, and our support team. You will proactively understand the strategic challenges they face and use our data to deliver timely, well structured analysis and recommendations.
In addition to making client teams more successful, this role is expected to help make the Strategy team stronger. You will bring in new ideas, pioneer new methodologies, and help us improve our processes to make an even greater impact.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 2-4 years of experience in a highly analytical business role (e.g. with a top strategy/management consulting firm or internal strategy team).
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer-focused role or project (e.g. in customer insights, behavior, or loyalty).
- A degree in business, economics, engineering, science or a related field.
- Ability to effectively combine analytical skills with business acumen to structure problems, deliver solutions, and communicate insights.
- Manages time and projects effectively.
- Experience building relationships & trust with stakeholders.
- Ability to strongly communicate and synthesize complex information simply, pulling out only the most important insights.
- A passion for working with numbers, modeling scenarios, running sensitivity analysis, and structuring the underlying data (pulling from databases, SQL) to answer complex questions.
- Ability to conduct all facets of exploration including digging into the meaning behind numbers by talking with customers, moderating them in using the product, conducting surveys and/or leading exploratory interviews to generate hypotheses for quantitative testing.
- A strong point of view on the future of our industry.
- A passion for building community all over the world.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- SQL or database skills
- Survey design & analysis
- Usability or interview moderation
- Product development
- Statistical packages
If the above describes you and your talents, we want to hear from you! Please note that resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Apply for this job