Flatiron Health’s mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Flatiron Health is bringing the power of big data to the oncology industry. Our team is building a disruptive software platform dedicated to oncology that connects cancer centers across the country on a common infrastructure. Our platform aggregates and transforms real-world data at a scale and clinical depth never seen before. In creating this platform, we are building the largest, most comprehensive system of oncology data intelligence in the US.
We are looking for a hands on leader who can visualize, implement, and lead a scalable, long term people team strategy. This person will help to define and drive the Flatiron culture. The VP of People will also ensure that we hire, develop, reward and retain top talent in order to build a world class organization that can make a dent in the fight against cancer.
- Optimize the strategy and execution for all things talent related: recruiting, onboarding, offboarding, retention, succession, diversity, training & development, compensation & benefits, performance management, legal/compliance, etc.
- Understand, solidify and subsequently drive the internal core culture
- Leverage Board’s network of internet brands for talent and best practice resources
- Recruit best-in-class talent
- Evaluate what success looks like at Flatiron and apply those principles to hiring and evaluating new employees as we scale
- Ensure that managers provide key guidance for employees, including setting and reinforcing growth plans for lower level talent to progress within the company
- Act as a counselor/thought partner on a range of both business and people topics and coordinate senior-level, cross-functional efforts when asked
- Meaningfully contribute to sustaining a high performing senior leadership team
- BA / BS degree or higher
- 15+ years experience
- Hands-on leadership in a rapidly growing organization (preferably in tech)
- Deep experience with hiring, onboarding, retention, performance management , training & development, and compensation & benefits administration
- Creative and fact-based problem solving skills
- Experience using data to measure success of all talent initiatives
- Successful experience scaling an organization during a rapid growth phase
- Familiarity with a wide range of HR and Recruiting policies, practices, and trends
- Exceptional business acumen and ability to quickly understand complex business needs and translate these into actionable operating principles for the People team
- Enjoys a “roll up your sleeves” environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on style, passion, humor, empathy, savvy, understanding and maturity
- Passion and personality that exudes warmth, help, caring and experience
- Proven track record of building and hiring a best in industry talent team and significant people management experience