Flatiron Health’s mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Our mission is to serve cancer patients and our partners by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges. We’ve built a unified data-set that is unparalleled in its depth and accuracy and gives our team and our partners the capability to ask questions about data that weren't answerable until now. Our Quantitative Sciences team answers these questions.
We are looking for someone excited to make an immediate impact in a critical space. This position requires leadership, outstanding problem-solving, analytical and communication skills; experience multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team of account directors, oncologists, product managers, and software engineers to help develop, commercialize, and deliver our analytics products. You will be consistently challenged to partner with Flatiron colleagues to create a rock-solid, scalable analytic foundation for explosive growth.
- Proactively drive the strategic direction and priorities for the Quantitative Sciences team based on Flatiron’s needs
- Support the growth of the Quantitative Sciences team: hire, develop, and mentor team members; participate in the development of processes and best practices for the team; proactively plan for the future by identifying and addressing potential bottlenecks, gaps, and risks as Flatiron continues to grow
- Serve as a trusted expert and advisor on the most complex methodological issues facing Flatiron
- Collaborate with our cross-functional teams to identify additional opportunities that align with Flatiron’s business needs and generate ideas for analyses to shape future projects
- Develop and manage relationships with the external research community. Serve as the scientific point person at client meetings, scientific meetings, and industry events with anticipated travel 20-40%
- You hold a PhD in a quantitative discipline, such as biostatistics, epidemiology, applied statistics, applied mathematics, or health economics, and have experience with statistical programming
- You have experience leading a rapidly growing team, are extremely thoughtful about management style, culture and leadership, and have the flexibility to work well with a team of diverse backgrounds and interests
- You have specific domain knowledge in healthcare
- You love working with data, and have at least 15+ years of relevant work experience analyzing clinical data with a critical and thoughtful eye
- You have expertise in outcomes research, with a track record of using creative study designs and sophisticated statistical methodology to answer novel research questions
- You are a brilliant communicator, both oral and written
- You are a natural teacher. You have a passion for mentoring and teaching those of various backgrounds and levels of experience
- You have the ability to juggle multiple client interactions and deadlines simultaneously and the versatility to collaborate with clients at all levels and functions
- You have a strong publication record and have been published in top-tier journals
- You have specific domain knowledge in clinical oncology
- You have experience working with regulatory bodies (e.g., the FDA)
- You have experience collaborating with engineering team leaders on the development of scalable platforms