Acute Care/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
Call9 provides a spectrum of services in skilled nursing facilities allowing patients to be treated in the comfort of their own bed. Call9 clinicians deliver high quality medical care, point of care testing, diagnostics, and interpretation, IV fluid and medication administration at the moment of a patient’s emergency, not after they are transported to a hospital. Call9 is breaking the mold of traditional emergency medicine, hospital medicine, and telemedicine while reinventing the need for tertiary care. Our patient-centered proprietary virtual visit platform connects off-site emergency physicians with on-site specially trained Clinical Care Specialists (CCS) for acute events.
Call9 then continues to follow a patient through their illness and is currently seeking a Full-Time NP to round on patients within the skilled nursing facilities as well as provide remote follow-up services. Keeping our patients and their families engaged in conversations about goals of care is paramount for every call we receive.
In this role you will
- Treat patients in-person and remotely
- Avoid unnecessary transfers from SNFs to the hospital
- Work with team of on-site emergency service providers and SNF nurses as well as off-site physicians and nurses
- Participate in QA/QI initiatives
- Contact and counsel families about advance care planning and goals of care
- Provide feedback to enhance our product offerings
We're looking for
- Master’s Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and a Nurse Practitioner in New York State.
- National Board Certification in Acute Care, Adult, Family, and/or Geriatrics, required.
- DEA certificate or in the process of obtaining
- Completion of a pharmacology component of not less than three (3) semester hours or the equivalent and has been instructed in New York State and federal laws relating to prescription and record keeping (3-hour course).
- Has a collaborative practice agreement with a physician and designated protocols, both filed with the New York State Department of Education.
- Previous experience relevant to the area of clinical practice (Emergency Medicine and/or Post-Acute Care), preferred.
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams with strong communication skills
- Willing to learn and improve in an entirely new environment
- Ability to commit to working 40 hours/week including some weekend hours as needed
- Travels to each SNF on a regular schedule
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a literally life-saving business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and meaningful equity
Read Full Job Description