Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, Cambridge and India, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
Reporting to the Controller, this Assistant Controller will have the chance to be part of a growing private company in a newly implemented position.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manage and own the financial close process; from coordination and communication of the close calendar through delivery of financial results to all stakeholders.
- Manage the timely and accurate reporting of quarterly reports of the Company in accordance with US GAAP.
- Partner with other functional leaders on all complex business transactions to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and controls.
- Own and maintain strong internal controls over respective areas to ensure compliance with company policies and laws & regulations.
- Take a leadership role in managing external audit relationships, including coordination of quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Champion initiatives to drive continuous improvement by streamlining processes & procedures for respective areas.
- Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership, management and development of the team to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal goals/objectives.
What We'll Expect from You:
- CPA candidate with significant relevant experience with increasing level of responsibility – a mix of public accounting and private/publicly traded company experience.
- Strong technical US GAAP knowledge, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong change management skills (structural, process, systems, team building).
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong leadership and employee management and development skills.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent people management and organizational skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.