Associate Producer, Food
The Associate Producer for Social Video is the entry-level video journalist position at NowThis. The AP will create short-form video stories for mobile and social audiences. Shareable, short-form social videos are the foundation of a NowThis channel, informing our audience with everything they need to know. This position reports into the Senior Producer.
Food is a part of everyone’s lives, and NowThis Food is a channel uniquely geared towards the food content young people care about. We cover everything from recipes, to food hacks, to viral trends, to ways food is positively impacting people’s lives around the world.
- Master the NowThis video editing style and graphics package
- Scour the web and social feeds constantly for the most important, engaging and moving stories we can tell around food.
- Own the video creation process from pitch to publish (ideas, reporting, scripting, asset gathering, video editing, prep for publish)
- Discover and fact check stories using real-time news gathering tools
- Channel the NowThis voice and style, creating smart, digestible scripts that drive social media conversation
- Turn around scripts and video edits on tight deadlines (several quickturn videos per day)
- Work breaking news and event coverage as needed, sometimes in off-hours
- Conduct interviews with subjects (in person, on social or remotely) to add a unique perspective and push the story forward
- Work with the publishing and data team to further optimize, A/B test and overall improve the performance of your videos
- Minimum 1+ year using Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Premiere Pro and Photoshop a must, After Effects is a plus)
- Minimum 1+ years professional experience in digital media or a newsroom
- Minimum 2+ years video editing experience
- Interest and love of food is a must.
- Comfortable working within deadlines, under pressure, and juggle multiple projects
- A curious, critical thinker, always looking for stories & has a sharp understanding of social media and video platforms
- A passion for video storytelling
- Strong grammar, writing and copy editing skills, a plus
- Breaking news experience, a plus
- Familiarity with DSLR cameras, basic lighting and mobile filmmaking, a plus
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.