ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so. Our inaugural product – The Daily Skimm – is the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, with an engaged community of well over 6 million active subscribers and an industry-crushing open rate. Our suite of products has grown with the launch of Skimm Ahead, which debuted as #1 in news and #9 overall in the Apple App Store. It syncs directly with your calendar and informs you of important events you don't want to miss. It also has an audio experience that goes deeper on the topics you’re always reading about. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
The Editorial team is a small collaborative group that understands how to write, shape, and edit high quality journalism while putting it in theSkimm’s distinct voice. The team thrives in fast-paced environments, knowing that everyday is different and brings new and exciting opportunities to help Skimm’rs live smarter lives.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As theSkimm's Audio Producer, you will work with the entire team to build a variety of audio products from the ground up. You will produce, record and edit all audio content for Skimm Studios across a variety of media and will work cross-functionally to bring theSkimm’s voice and brand to life across a diverse range of audio products, including Skimm Notes - our first audio features.
- Direct the production and execution of all audio content for projects across theSkimm’s brand and platforms
- Record, edit and manage each audio project to ensure the highest audio quality possible. Additionally, arrange logistics for recordings.
- Manage theSkimm studio and equipment and maintain inventory
- Collaborate with the editorial team on script writing, research and talent coaching to ensure project goals are met and theSkimm voice and brand is represented authentically
- Support theSkimm Studios as our team’s production capabilities and content distribution grows by bringing best-in-class technology and best practices to the table
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 3-5 years of experience creating high-quality audio content for a major publisher, radio station, podcast, or news outlet
- Proficiency in digital audio production and editing software
- Familiarity with digital audio content distribution methods, technologies, and platforms
- Ability to think on your feet and creatively problem solve
- Strong ability to execute and get sh*t done
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Experience building audio products from the ground up in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products
WHAT WE ALSO OFFER YOU
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances.
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- $400 annual gym reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered lunch on Fridays during our HQ Sip’n Skimm - a time to catch up as a group and wind down from a great week
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter.