We're looking for a Business Analyst, RCM to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) team to lead efforts to drive data-based findings to inform operations and strategy for their customers. You will work with stakeholders to understand their processes, data and needs, and you will communicate questions, approaches and findings with those stakeholders on a regular basis. Not only will you implement a variety of approaches to capture data to track and change operational processes, but you will also be responsible for deriving insight from those data. In addition, you'll also:
- Support internal and external stakeholders by using SQL to identify operational issues and opportunities in data, develop strategy accordingly and help to track process adherence and execution success
- Create client-facing reports and internal data visualization tools to help scale and standardize RCM efforts across customers
- Develop strategies to capture additional data for better insight into operational processes
- Collaborate cross-functionally to incorporate data and insights into client implementation, account management strategies, and RCM sales
- Be a go-to resource for company-wide efforts around the data sources you work with
You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with engineering teams to support product improvement, data collection and data management
Who You Are
You're a creative thinker with 2+ years of experience developing reporting, analytics and data visualizations. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You are proficient with a query language or data flow/manipulation tools (e.g. SQL) and able to pull data from a database or a reporting tool
- You have strong analytical skills, and ability to synthesize results into strategies to achieve business objectives
- You are proficient with analysis and visualization tools like R, Python, Pandas, or Tableau and can design, create and communicate key stories from complicated data
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills, ability to structure complex issues
- You are independent, analytical and creative thinker
- You are comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity, with a proven ability to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience with medical practice management software and reporting tools
- You have experience working in the business office or analytics/strategy group of a healthcare provider
- You have experience on a data analytics, visualizations, or insights team at a data driven or high-end technology company
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.