Business Development Representative
Andela is growing out our Partnerships team with aspiring entry-level sales professionals. These Business Development Representatives will find opportunities for Andela developers to work with the best software companies in the world. You will be responsible for outbound prospecting and lead generation, building a pipeline of new prospective clients and setting them up to connect with our Account Executive team, who will close deals and place developers.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
- Your strong drive to make the world more equitable energizes you to push forward, even when the challenge is great.
- You have an entrepreneurial instinct; you are analytical, a problem solver, and are always looking to maximize efficiencies. You love using data to support your hypotheses.
- You are good with people and can understand their needs. You pick up on social cues, learn from others, and are always looking for feedback and ways to improve.
- Develop new business opportunities through outbound outreach. You'll find companies who will be a good fit for Andela and identify decision-makers to build up a pipeline of qualified leads for the Client Executives.
- Use your top-notch writing skills to craft messaging that can effectively engage tech executives at the nation's leading companies who are seeking engineering talent.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to execute targeted prospecting campaigns and pilot new approaches to grow Andela's client base.
- Actively participate in weekly trainings to grow your sales abilities and be a strong ambassador for Andela.
- 0-2 years of work experience. Start-up and sales experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. You've mastered the art of a well-written email.
- Sharp attention to detail. You are highly organized and process-driven.
- Proven initiative and persistence. You look for creative ways to overcome objections.
- Passion for Andela's mission and a personal desire to change the world.
- Be a good person! We have a “no jerk” policy at Andela and have a lot of fun.