Annual Giving Officer - Programmatic Team at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
**A cover letter is required to be considered for this position. Please upload your cover letter and resume as one PDF or WORD document**
The Annual Giving Programmatic team is seeking an analytical, hard-working, and highly motivated Annual Giving Officer (AGO). Working under the Associate Director, the AGO will be directly responsible for managing a dynamic portfolio of peer-to-peer fundraisers, while also providing strategic support to the Annual Giving Programmatic team.
- Manage a portfolio of peer-to-peer fundraisers raising ~$25-100K annually. This includes cultivating, stewarding, and soliciting constituents raising funds through tribute, event, special occasion, and online campaigns.
- Renew third-party fundraisers, steward YOY fundraisers to grow their annual amount raised, and re-engage lapsed fundraisers.
- Leverage extensive online resources to increase fundraising revenue.
- Qualify giving potential of perspective Annual Giving donors and fundraisers.
- Maintain excellent records of fundraiser and donor information within the database.
- Provide outstanding customer service to MSK constituents and donors.
- Plan and execute strategic fundraising projects to drive overall team revenue.
- Support the Associate Director and Annual Giving Team with administrative projects, including but not limited to: conducting data clean-ups, reporting revenue metrics, preparing research updates, and planing and executing stewardship event logistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An outstanding communicator via phone, email, and in person.
- Self-motivated and curious, the ideal candidate would succeed when working independently and as part of a team. Willing to act and eager to pursue new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Extremely organized.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving and complex circumstances.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others throughout the Institution to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred plus 2-4 years of experience. In lieu of bachelor’s degree, 4 years relevant experience can be accepted.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, with superior skills in excel.
- Strong prioritization, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Experience working with data/databases.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Note, this position includes some night and weekend events #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.