Associate Editor, Thrillist
- Make every story you edit better than the one before
- Deliver high quality edits in a deadline driven environment using Adobe
- No sound? :06 seconds? No script? No problem. Be an expert storyteller no matter the format
- “The first 3 seconds was boring, what if…” Be comfortable with constructive feedback
- Watch that drop off. Be able to use data to deliver a better story to the user
- Collaborate and communicate clearly and effectively with teams in and out of the video group
- Willing to experiment with all types of narrative and storytelling
- Video editing experience in a high volume, deadline driven, data guided shop
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Premiere and experience with the Adobe suite
- Demonstrated ability to create content people share
- Is extremely organized (i.e. you’re not saving project files on your desktop)
- Has strong communication skills and a curiosity for creating entertaining content
- Preferred Qualifications:
- After Effects/motion graphics design and animation skills a plus
- Photoshop skills a plus
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
We are a team of people from various social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds who value professional development and work/life balance. It’s our belief that our team and our work are both made better by our diversity.
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.