theSkimm’s Audio Production team is a creative, collaborative group of producers from both traditional and new media backgrounds. They maintain the highest standards for journalism and integrity in storytelling, while producing distinct content for theSkimm’s unique voice and brand.
We’re looking for an experienced Audio Producer to book, plan, produce, and edit Skimm’d from the Couch, a weekly career podcast hosted by our co-founders, Carly Zakin and Danielle Weisberg. You’ll also be responsible for booking guests, prepping interviews, communicating with the hosts and producing the episodes. We’re looking for a highly-organized, team-oriented self-starter who is excited about reaching female millennials as they look to grow, build or change their careers. You will report to the Head of Audio and work collaboratively with the entire audio team at theSkimm, as we develop and refine our formats.WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work with our PR team to book guests from Skimm’d from the Couch and handle pre-interviews
- Work closely with the sales and editorial teams to ideate on potential partnerships opportunities and execute sold sponsorship placements
- Oversee full production process for episodes, from prep and research to upload
- Edit and mix episodes
- Produce live episodes in collaboration with sales and other team members
- 3+ yrs experience in audio storytelling, preferably in interview-style podcasts/radio
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Clear communication skills, and an ability to respond quickly to change
- Strong journalistic judgment with a specific eye for fact-checking standards
- Experience learning and writing in a specific brand voice
- Experience communicating with and booking talent
- Proficiency in cutting and mixing tape for audio publications
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.