Booking Producer, Audio
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life. We started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
As we grow, we're looking for an experienced Audio Producer to plan, produce, and edit two audio product offerings. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day production of two podcasts: Skimm Notes, a premium product that lives within theSkimm’s app; and Skimm’d from the Couch, a free audio product with ads that lives in the Apple Podcasts app (and Spotify, etc.). You’ll also be responsible for booking guests for new episodes of Skimm’d from the Couch.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Pitch and script new episodes of a 10-minute news explainer podcast (“Notes”) in theSkimm’s brand voice
- Research and fact-check Notes transcripts, if needed
- Work closely with the editorial, design, and app teams to manage the Notes production schedule
- Oversee full production process for episodes of an interview podcast between theSkimm’s founders and other female entrepreneurs (“Skimm’d from the Couch”), from prep to upload
- Work with our PR team to book guests from Skimm’d from the Couch and handle pre-interviews
- Work closely with the sales and editorial teams to ideate on potential partnerships opportunities and execute sold sponsorship placements
- Edit and mix episodes
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 3+ yrs experience in audio storytelling, preferably in a news- or news-adjacent setting
- Experience fact-checking audio scripts both before and after recordings
- Experience learning and writing in a specific brand voice
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Clear communication skills, and an ability to respond quickly to change
- Strong journalistic judgment with a specific eye for fact-checking standards
- Experience communicating with and booking talent
- Proficiency in cutting and mixing tape for audio publications
WHAT WE ALSO OFFER YOU
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances.
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- $400 annual gym reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered lunch on Fridays during our HQ Sip’n Skimm - a time to catch up as a group and wind down from a great week
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter.