The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
We are looking for a Brand Content Writer to join our growing Brand team. At TFD, our aim is to produce the best content available on living happy, healthy lives with dogs, and to distribute it in the formats and places our audiences will find it most useful. In this role, you’ll conceive, write, and edit content for our blog, for all social media platforms, for editorial and promotional email campaigns, for product pages, and for things we haven’t even thought of yet.
As a Brand Content Writer, you will work most closely with the Director of Content on content that spans all brand paid, earned, and owned brand channels and formats. You’ll also work with the Head of Brand, a multi-disciplined team of writers, designers, communications people, and our growth team.How You'll Make An Impact
- Conceive and execute content for all of our channels including our blog, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook channels, newsletters and marketing emails
- Work on organic, product-driven, and paid content across all channels
- Own the development of results-oriented ideas for responsive, quick hit, and major long-lead series
- Develop content that will appeal to new audience segments, that will turn our existing leads into customers and turn our customers into lifelong advocates of TFD
- Write and edit content ideas in text, infographic, video and other formats
- Craft deeply researched, long-form articles on dog health for our Digest blog, as well as headlines and taglines for emails and paid ads
- Write in (and help develop) our brand voice for social media posts and user-centric promotional email copy
- Help to build our content calendar, conceiving culturally relevant, and customer-centric ideas and then bringing them to life
- Independently write compelling, responsive stories based on the latest news or studies within our industry
- You demonstrate experience in writing research-driven, readable, lively content in many formats including blog posts, social posts, video scripts, email, etc.
- You have a background in publishing and have written daily content for an editorial outlet (magazine, newspaper, digital publication)
- You have also worked in an editorial capacity at a publisher’s brand studio, or at a creative or content agency, PR firm, or on a brand’s content team
- You have 5+ years of proven experience in both traditional journalism and at an agency or other brand entity
- You have experience writing content for social media
- You have an ability to produce excellent content quickly and meet goals
- You have researched topics in depth and have an abiding curiosity about the subject matter at hand
- You speak to specialists and dig into published research to go beyond what everyone else has published
- You have outstanding verbal and written skills with a precise attention to detail
- You’re as adept at editorial writing as you are at writing promotional copy that nails a brand’s voice
- You are strategic and have a solution-oriented mindset
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota