Branded Content Editor
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to be smarter. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so. theSkimm started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
theSkimm is looking to hire a Branded Content Editor to communicate theSkimm’s mission to our audience in multiple formats. You’ll be working closely with both the Editorial and Marketing teams to craft messaging around our established and emerging products. theSkimm’s voice is one of the things that sets us apart — you’ll be a translator of that voice, and a big part of maintaining it throughout our marketing initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- This role will be primarily focused on writing marketing copy. That includes onboarding, UX, marketing and product launch emails, and larger initiatives like No Excuses.
- Working to market our products to Skimm’bassadors and come up with creative ways to liaise with theSkimm's ambassador community.
- Helping to bring our brand to life on social media and collaborating with the social team to craft marketing campaigns.
- Writing brand copy for key brand partners.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- At least 3-5 of experience working in copywriting or in a marketing role, preferably at a media company.
- A track record of working effectively under short deadlines and in high pressure environments.
- The ability to write in the voice of a character.
- Passion for theSkimm and its mission, and a strong understanding of our brand.
- Being a self-starter AND a team player who goes above and beyond to get the job done.
- Bachelor's Degree
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Being passionate about news reporting and journalism.
- Experience in media development and strategy.
- Experience creating branded content.
- Comfortable publishing in WordPress.
- Understanding of digital marketing legal guidelines.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability (starting day one)
- $400 annual gym reimbursement
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Catered lunch on Fridays
- Snacks, coldbrew on tap, and lunch on Fridays
- Collaborative office space and roof deck
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY