Business Operations Manager
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and a deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the world’s leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, and Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
About the role:
Tens of thousands of people go to work every morning in a workspace that is managed by Q. An office services marketplace, Q connects companies to the services necessary to managing a workspace, including facilities, staffing, and project management. A combination of highly-trained service providers and sophisticated technology enable seamless office management, unlocking productivity within businesses and their employees.
The Business Operations Manager position is tasked with working on one or several (depending on size) services. We are looking for early career business leaders who have the skillset to grow a business. This role sits on the Business Operations team and will work alongside Operations Associates, and our Sales and CX teams. Since our Platform is quickly evolving, this position will also have the opportunity to work with other functions such as Product Management to improve the success of our product and the expansion of a service.
- You believe in Q’s mission of economic empowerment and would like to help small businesses grow and receive reliable payments.
- You love to work directly with customers and partners on a regular basis - you’re not afraid to pick up a phone because we all do the little things to win.
- You excel in a cross-functional role: product, operations, and/or growth.
- In a perfect world, you and data analytics would have a secret attraction in knowing what data is important and how to draw insights.
- You don’t shy away from ambiguity and love to solve tough problems.
- You know how to work with stakeholders from other teams and view it as an opportunity to influence and lead.
- Manage the P&L and operations of a category or set of sub-categories depending on their size
- Manage partner relationships (analyze performance, hold business review meetings, and craft growth)
- Manage a few horizontal team projects (including Merchandising, Business Intelligence, etc).
- Work with Business Operations team to define a category lifecycle and move its development through research, seeding and scaling
- Identify and establish promising new services within a category through deep data analysis, strong understanding of customer needs, and great business judgment
- Define service pricing and fee structure
- Establish appropriate partnerships within categories for category improvement and distribution
- 2-5 years of experience in a category management, supplier management, operations or a similar role within a high-output, challenging environment
- 2 years of strategy development experience as part of an internal strategy team or a top-tier consulting firm would be a plus
- Robust analytical and problem-solving toolkit – you love to dig into data to identify problems and root causes that are not easily observable
- Strong execution – you know how to lead multiple projects at once and keep them on track, and you don’t give up easily when things don’t go your way
- Proven track record of research, ideation, testing and building
- Excellent communication skills – our business is about people, so to understand our business you need to understand and empathize with the people running it
- Passion for technology – you believe in the promise of technology to help people work smarter and better. When confronted with a challenge, your first thought is how to solve it with technology
- Good business sense – you are curious about what makes a company run well or not, and understand how seemingly small changes can affect the future health and sustainability of a company
- Experience building and scaling a business is a plus
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 401(k) with company matching
- No cost premium option for medical and dental insurance
- Casual dress and pet-friendly office
- Team lunches, happy hours and company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG