Circle Content Manager
Squarespace’s professional user program, Circle, provides support, inspiration, and community for tens of thousands of independent creatives who build websites for clients on Squarespace. The Circle team is expanding its capacity to create skill-building, sales, and marketing resources, which will be made available exclusively to our community, and is hiring a new team member to lead that effort.
As the Circle Content Manager, you will help shape a key component of the Circle growth strategy and be responsible for achieving clearly defined goals around member engagement and website building activity. The library you create will be a mix of topical and evergreen resources executed in a variety of media and formats, and each piece will meet Squarespace’s high design standards. Your work will further establish Circle as a trusted authority on the art, science, and business of website design, and empower our community to grow their own businesses and help their clients succeed online.
This role is based in New York and reports into the Creative Ecosystem Manager.
- Work with the Creative Ecosystem Manager to set the strategy for all Circle resources
- Oversee the development of a dynamic library of resources, ranging from sales toolkits to trend forecasts to practical business advice
- Manage the day to day operations of Circle resource development and publication: Define and scope assignments, recruit and contract freelancers, oversee development and production, review and provide feedback on works in progress, route for approval, obtain necessary clearances, and publish to a members-only Resource Hub
- Track key performance indicators and ensure that we are meeting or exceeding our ambitious goals
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Product and Marketing teams to ensure that all Circle members understand the depth and breadth of Squarespace’s offerings and can communicate our value propositions to clients
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Circle team on the development of resources that reinforce or contribute to other Circle initiatives (such as the Authorized Trainers program)
- 3-5 years of experience in an editorial or content strategy role, including experience managing the work of freelance creatives
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven track record of developing content and resources that achieve specific business targets and goals, and of transforming qualitative and quantitative insights into engaging content
- Ability to earn the trust and respect of stakeholders in a complex environment
- Nice to have: Experience developing sales and marketing strategies and/or developing sales and marketing collateral
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 700 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.