We're looking for a Clinical Content Manager, Disease Model Lead to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll be responsible for the development and maintenance of clinical oncology content with a focus on disease-related clinical prognostic data.
This position partners with the Product Development and Engineering teams to integrate this content into Flatiron’s technology platform in order to make this information easily attainable and useful for clinicians to care for their patients. As the science of oncology moves from a disease-based model of care to a more precision targeted approach to care we want to ensure our technology platform is positioned to grow with the evolution of oncology.
The Clinical Content Manager, Disease Model Lead will interact and collaborate closely with the Clinical Oncology, Product Development, Medical Informatics, Account Management, Implementation, Support, Product Marketing, and Product Operations teams to successfully execute on initiatives foundational to the company’s strategic vision.
- Partner with Informatics and Engineering to develop the path forward to receive, store, and present complex clinical information to the end user at the point of care, as well as support clinical and research initiatives across Flatiron business lines.
- Partner with Product teams to develop, integrate, and maintain oncology clinical content into Flatiron’s software products (OncoTrials, Flatiron Assist, OncoEMR, etc.)
- Ensure clinical accuracy of medical information in technology platforms and materials
- Maintain up-to-date tracking and status of data in content management tools
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance (QA) P&P to ensure the content is accurate and up-to-date
- Assist in the development of release notes for clinical content changes and product functionality
- Work closely with Implementation, Optimization, Account Management, and Support teams to provide clinical/workflow knowledge in onboarding new and supporting existing practices utilizing clinical content and products
- Assist in the development of internal and external education and training materials, and support training for OncoEMR content
- Educate internal Flatiron teams on oncology topics specifically focused on precision medicine
- Provide education and content support to OncoEMR customers
- Consultant for the Flatiron Provider Network of practices to provide guidance and receive feedback on appropriate use of clinical content and workflows across products
- Support the Clinical Oncology team when needed with other product initiatives, including content development, QA, and workflow updates in each of the software products
The Clinical Oncology team is responsible for ensuring the safety and usability of Flatiron’s community oncology provider-facing software, initiatives, and workflows. The team is comprised primarily of oncology clinicians who are embedded directly within Flatiron’s Product and Engineering teams to develop safe, intuitive workflows in OncoEMR, Flatiron’s cloud-based electronic health record, and who develop and integrate oncology clinical content into Flatiron’s technology platform to make it useful for clinicians and patients.
Who You Are
You're an NP, PA with 5+ years in a clinical oncology practice. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have an advanced clinical degree (ARNP, PA-C)
- You must have 5+ years clinical practice experience within an oncology setting, with a focus on personalized medicine
- You have a strong understanding of clinical data
- You have a strong understanding of molecular medicine and oncology diagnostic factors
- You have a deep understanding of oncology-specific electronic medical records and how these systems impact clinical workflow
- You have an understanding of and familiarity with clinical informatics and/or data analysis
- You have excellent technology skills (includes oncology-specific electronic medical records)
- You have the ability to translate complex clinical concepts and risks for a non-clinical audience
- You are results-oriented, detail-oriented, and analytic
- You are self-motivated and autonomous with a nose for value and ability to prioritize
- You are able to travel (up to ~15% of the time)
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You will be at the forefront of developing new and innovative technology with the goal of expanding personalized care to more patients, including access to both clinical trial opportunities and novel therapies.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.