Community Manager + Editor @ Le CultureClub
Le CultureClub is changing the way that people purchase skincare products. There are hundreds of ways to discover new products, but zero ways to track whether or not they improve your skin. Our testing kit empowers individuals to make smarter decisions based on the biology of their own skin. Think 23andMe for wellness.
Our community prioritizes understanding the skin over unquestioned approaches to unattainable standards. We are leading a movement that promotes loving your skin, how it feels AND how it looks.
We are mad scientists, adventurous designers, and fearless product developers. We equip our customers with the tools to explore and celebrate the skin they’re in. We’re rooted in scientific research, and iterations based on data.
We’re scrappy. We’re real life. We are Le CultureClub.
We’re looking for a passionate Community Manager + Editor to join as Marketing Team member #1. Together we’ll find creative ways to engage and activate the Le CultureClub community through multiple channels.
The goal of our marketing/editorial team is to grow our following, engage and retain our community, and develop positive brand awareness and word-of-mouth referrals.
You’ll focus on the following key areas:
- Find and implement new ways to acquire more followers / newsletter subscribers / unique page views
- Find and implement new ways to engage our existing community online and offline
- Own and execute a company-wide social strategy across all platforms
- Define and track key metrics for each marketing channel
- Source content ideas (in a planned, editorial fashion), write pieces, and recycle that content across marketing channels
- Activate our own community to help produce content, ensuring the quality of work
-Be a brand voice champion in all content you produce
-Develop strategies and tactics to scale our referral program
- Mentor and manage marketing intern(s)
- Scale and systematize event marketing efforts
- Newsletter marketing strategy
- User research to understand the ins and outs of who our community is
- Grow referral / incentive program
- Social Media optimizations and growth
- Develop program for content submissions from community, be the editor for this content
[who are you]
Minimum 2+ years on a fast-paced marketing or editorial team (preferably in the wellness/ lifestyle space)
You LIVE the Le CultureClub life. You love getting geeky about skincare. You care about empowering consumers to make educated decisions about their skincare products. You are passionate about making an impact in the health and well-being of individuals.
You are empathetic. You know how to read people and know what motivates them. Your efforts are extremely important in helping our team better further product-market fit.
You are able to juggle many projects at once, wearing many hats.
Have excellent communication skills. You over-communicate and are a team player.
You can work autonomously. You have the ability to make decisions and execute based on data and experimentation.
You are comfortable writing copy: from sassy Instagram captions to editorial blog posts and longer-form, storytelling content.
You have content creation abilities that are both substantial and visually appealing
You are a strong conceptual thinker who can take a complex idea and make it relatable. You do this both independently and part of a creative working group.
You are excited about solving tough problems no one else has solved. Bold goals don’t scare you, they excite you.
We are based in New York City, NY. You will work directly with both co-founders, and report to the CEO.
We’re all in this together.
We’re all different. We’re all equal. We make mistakes, and learn from them. We forgive ourselves and others. We encourage one another to be our best selves.
Feedback, feedback, feedback. We are open, vulnerable, and straight to the point. We say what we think, and think what we say. We do this out of respect for each other and our goals.
We want to exceed expectations. To give them more than they knew they wanted. We seek knowledge we don’t have, even if it takes more time. Our standards are very high, and we work very hard to live up to them.
It’s not someone else’s problem.
We pick up the trash we didn’t put down. We succeed when people around us succeed. We want to stay small, no matter how big we get.
Salary range: $45,000 - 60,000
Equity / Stock Options
Flexible work schedule
Fun, start-up environment
At Le CultureClub, we practice inclusive hiring. We are committed to creating a diverse environment. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We’re committed to building a company and community where a broad spectrum of experiences and backgrounds are represented, and where everyone feels accepted and valued.
- Cover Letter: make sure to include an example of how you have activated a community online or offline in a former position (give us all the details!)
- 3 references [Name, relation, email, phone number]