Community Manager at Alt
At Alt, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral. Our future plans are to expand into other asset classes to support everything from trading cards, watches, NFTs and even LP interests.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
As the first Community Manager at Alt, you will have the opportunity to cultivate relationships and engagement with our quickly expanding user base. You know how to hold inspiring conversations that create a comfortable space for customers to get to know each other and our brand, and you exhibit strong customer empathy. You will work with the Marketing and Customer Success team to elevate the Alt brand and foster loyalty from the people that make our company possible - our users.The impact you will make:
- Become an expert on all aspects of the platform, and bestow that knowledge on our customers in an inviting, effective way. You’ll do this across a number of different vertices including social media, internal support channels, Slack & Discord communities and more
- Build content programming to keep various user groups engaged.
- Organize and plan meetups and small events (both virtual and in-person) to build relationships and trust among users.
- Gather and curate feedback in order to be an advocate for users in projects across the company.
- Continually evolve the customer facing voice and optimize that voice based on channel.
- Work with the content team to maximize the impact of Alt content based on data gathered from the community.
- Take an active role in the ideation of innovative and disruptive marketing strategies that demands attention from #thehobby and Alt’s competitors.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and grit to get things done with minimal direction.
- 3-5 years of experience as a community manager, social media manager, customer success experience or related roles.
- A team player that understands the value of collaboration and an all-hands-on-deck approach.
- Proven ability to turn projects around quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Shows passion, curiosity and experience in making creative content specifically tailored for social media platforms - Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, TikTok.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Past experience working with new and emerging brands.
- You are passionate about investing and are familiar with alternative assets (crypto, NFTs, etc).
- Deep understanding of how to invest in the card space and overall market trends.
- Background and experience working for a professional sports, live event, or news organization
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)