Consumer Banking Reporter
Want to do great journalism at one of the most-respected personal finance websites on the planet?
Bankrate.com is looking for a sharp, innovative reporter to cover the consumer side of banking and banking products for one of the most authoritative publications in the industry, and we need your help to contribute to our growing news team.
Ideal candidates will have experience writing for consumers and developing relevant sources. The reporter will develop and write engaging articles, quizzes, and interactive features. The reporter will respond quickly to news events, explaining to consumers how it affects them. Experience writing for search engine optimization is a must.
The reporter must clearly understand and closely follow topics related to consumer savings, MMA, and certificate of deposit products. The ideal candidate thinks beyond the news, threading together disparate threads to see larger trends.
We are seeking a reporter who is an expert on consumer banking, and has a passion for great, innovative storytelling. The position can be based in the San Francisco area, Chicago, Detroit, New York, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, or Washington, D.C.
- Report and publish daily news stories.
- Represent Bankrate as a spokesperson as needed.
- Be deeply engaged on data for our editorial coverage and data as it relates to story performance on Bankrate to make informed decisions about coverage.
- Consistently improve the quality of Bankrate's editorial coverage.
- Understand metrics of our storytelling and allow them to inform our decisions.
- Actively follow and report on savings, money market account, and certificate of deposit topics and trends.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry sources.
- Come up with ideas and create deposits content in story form, blogs, quizzes and interactives.
- Be engaged in social media, staying current with trends in social media.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Attend industry conferences to speak about deposits topics.
- Create content for one-off features and special requests.
- Knowledgeable of the consumer banking industry.
- Thorough understanding of consumer deposits.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a reporter/writer.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.