2U’s Course Services department is a dynamic and growing team which manages the build, review, and deployment of thousands of individual pages and modules of course content. These components form the asynchronous backbone of the academic courses in all of 2U Grad's partner institutions’ online graduate degree programs.
In this role, you will have a hand in every course. This requires the dexterity and flexibility to move quickly from one project to the next, as well as the individual leadership to see the big picture and manage deadlines. You will be a part of 2U's larger Curriculum and Learning team which delivers on the pedagogical vision of our partner faculty members.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to ensure the delivery of assets in a timely manner
- Coordinate specific course level projects with outside vendors.
- Utilize basic graphic design skills to help enhance content and update legacy programs and iterating courses.
- Build all segments and elements within our CMS and Course Builder platforms
- Build all segments and elements within our LMS/OC platforms.
- Adjust course, segment, and element settings to the appropriate standards.
- Perform QC on completed course builds to make sure that content renders properly in our LMS/OC environment across different browsers.
- Perform beta testing on new tools and services to be utilized by the content department.
- Test assessment items to make sure they are built correctly and function appropriate in our platforms
- Track development of course materials through production and deployment;
- Troubleshoot time-sensitive issues as they arise;
- Gain proficiency with new and constantly changing technology
Things That Must Be in Your Background:
The Course Services team requires a keen eye and ear for detail and the ability to be effective within a system of many moving parts. Candidates should have a track record that clearly demonstrates these capabilities. Applicants from any professional domain will be considered, but all those applying should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college or university;
- At least 2 years of work experience in a professional web-production setting;
- Experience in education or design preferred;
- Passion for education technology;
- Professional or personal experience with Web content-development;
- Experience handling and tracking digital assets in a collaborative work environment;
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel;
- Basic graphic design experience preferred;
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign preferred;
- Excellent communication skills in face-to-face, telephone and email interactions;
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining a positive outlook and a collegial, professional demeanor.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.