Content Creator at Squarespace
The Channels & Services department focuses on developing and scaling new customer segments and services. Through our professional user programs and Enterprise product lines, we’ve succeeded in cultivating a large and diverse base of high-value customers, and content has been a key element of our success.
Now, we are looking for a Content Creator to join the team and build off this success by making deeper investments in content.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports to the Senior Team Lead, Content and Community.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Research and write copy for multiple channels including forums, web pages, emails, newsletters, blog posts, product guides, sales enablement materials, video scripts, etc., optimizing for SEO as needed
- Strategize and pitch new content ideas
- Follow all internal review guidelines to ensure publication of on-brand content
- Source third-party content from the Squarespace professional community
- Collaborate with in-house creative, video, marketing, and legal teams to create content
- Develop and test content marketing tactics, iterating on and documenting processes as needed
- Develop and maintain Squarespace product proficiency and leverage your knowledge to create and update content
- Provide other Channels and Services team members with content marketing support as needed
- 2+ years of experience ideating, pitching, and creating B2B and B2C content, especially copy
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience working in a highly cross-functional environment, and with multiple stakeholders
- Working knowledge of email marketing platforms such as Sailthru or Iterable
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Experience as a creative freelancer or working at a small creative agency or studio is a plus
- Experience with instructional design, training development, or learning management systems is a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.