Content Editor at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 700 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work.
About The Role:
Orchard’s Content Editor will help grow our in-house content team’s efforts, improve the quality of our content, and play a role in growing our writers’ talent and expertise. This person will have a chance to help develop our content strategy and culture, and drive what have so far been unrealized business opportunities for the company. It’s truly a foundational role on the content team.
The editor will help identify content opportunities, manage the editorial calendar, review and edit the work of our writers, help us maintain and update our style guide, align our content to our business objectives, and track the performance of our content. Many of our processes for ideating, creating, and publishing content are nascent — and we welcome your input, feedback, and perspective on how to become a better publisher of best-in-class content, focused on buying and selling a home.
This is a full-time role that will report into the Content Marketing Lead and be based out of our growing NYC office.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Help improve and scale our content efforts, working alongside other members of the marketing team to increase content quality and output.
- Edit internal content across several verticals while maintaining the Orchard voice and authority.
- Identify content opportunities via keyword and topic research.
- Work alongside our SEO team to implement SEO updates and best practices.
- Be a thought partner to the Content Marketing Lead on content planning and strategy to make sure we’re executing on key content opportunities.
- Contribute to various writing and revision needs.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 3+ years experience editing and writing about residential real estate and/or personal finance content and related fields.
- Deep knowledge of current SEO best practices and prior experience implementing them.
- Experience using tools such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console.
- Demonstrated ability to shape an article, line edit, and implement house style and brand voice.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- General interest in real estate is a plus.
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.