Content Manager at Code Climate
Code Climate is the world's largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 80,000 developers, and 1,000s of customers improve the efficacy of their people, process, and code. Our product suite helps run software engineering teams-- from improving developers’ day to day experience to providing engineering leaders with data to help them make important decisions.
We launched our second product, Velocity, to great fanfare last year. We’re now ready to focus on spreading the word about the product and the new space that it occupies.
We’re looking for an experienced Content Manager to join our marketing team. They will create content in the form of assets, blogs, ebooks and webinars for demand generation, sales, and customer success purposes. They’ll also be responsible for the content generation pipeline, both contributing their own work and managing external writers. This is an opportunity to help scale the messaging for a new product throughout the organization, help carve a niche within the industry and be part of a fast-growing startup.You’ll be responsible for:
- Writing and editing SEO-friendly content for the blog, email, webinars, and events
- Holding interviews internally and externally with engineering leaders
- Ideation and identification of content gaps in the existing material
- Editing and managing a team of freelance writers to maintain publication cadence
- Project managing the design and distribution of content
- You want to grow into a highly technical Sales, Customer Success, or Marketing leader
- You’re proud of your ability to write clearly and succinctly
- You’re able to turn around a draft of a 1,000-word article in a day
- You’re resourceful and proud of your Googling skills
- You take initiative and are always looking for ways to improve processes
- You’re maniacally customer-focused with a strong sense of integrity
- At least 2 years of content writing experience in the B2B SaaS space
- Strong editorial instinct with a positive attitude towards providing and receiving feedback
- Many strong writing samples in the form of company blogs, sales collateral, or pieces of technical journalism
- A deep interest in software development
- Prior experience writing about analytics or BI software in any form is a big plus!
- Join a small team of around twenty-five people who love what they do
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences
- The best technology to get your job done. A new laptop of choice, and (practically) whatever else you need
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.