Betterment is a technology-driven financial services company that offers services for spending and saving, alongside its core investing and retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, Betterment empowers its hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money – for today, tomorrow, and someday – through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; and tax-smart strategies that help keep taxes low. Learn more www.betterment.com.
At Betterment, we’re building more than a financial technology company; we’re developing a digital personal finance hub to change how people think about their finances. Take on this role, and you’ll have the chance to shape the future of our content as part of the overall Betterment experience.
You’re the type of person who believes in the power of rich content experiences. You think like an editor-in-chief, and you're excited to build, own, and improve a library of content. One that helps people understand investing and personal finance in language that real live people can understand.
You think about the architecture of the owned content experience just as much as you think about the written word. You have rich experience in SEO, social media, but you want your focus to be on the content strategy itself—how everyday execution in writing, video, and audio creates big picture outcomes across an editorial experience.
You've seen the power of engaging content that's made a difference in how you feel about a company, and you're ready to bring that experience to our world as well. You want to lead the growth of Betterment’s content library for prospects and clients across our three business lines: Betterment retail, our 401(k) business, and Betterment for Advisors. The content you create and manage will help educate clients about investments, retirement plans, and savings strategies. It will help educate advisors and plan sponsors about our B2B offerings, and help 401(k) plan sponsors educate their employees on financial wellness.
This role is remote eligible. Colorado has an annual starting salary of $94,500, a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, and a 401(k) offering. This job may also be eligible for variable compensation in the form of an incentive bonus. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.A Day in the Life:
- The Content Marketing Manager will be a key member of Web Experience, which is a cross-functional squad of designers, developers, and content managers producing digital content for each of Betterment’s business lines.
- The Content Marketing Manager’s goal is to grow Betterment’s omni-channel marketing effectiveness by developing a content approach that creates a rich, educational customer journey for each of our audiences.
- Working with colleagues in Communications, Product, Compliance, Creative, and Legal, the Web Content Manager will grow our content library to be highly effective.
- In collaboration with our Analytics and Product teams, the Web Content Manager will lead the insights narrative on how content is performing, and how effective it is in our customer journey.
- Will work closely to define requests of our Creative team and Investing teams for creating high-quality content that brings our voice to life.
- Experience as a content editor for a website.
- Strong editorial skills with an understanding of the nuances of brand voice across various audiences.
- A background and affinity for B2B content marketing and lead generation, with a deep appreciation for B2B sales and servicing processes
- Extensive knowledge of HTML, CSS, and content marketing software, like HubSpot, Marketo, Contently, Contentful, Intercom (or other similar chat solutions).
- High competence in web analytics and analytics software (e.g. Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Looker). You should be able to interpret the numbers and determine next steps for content improvement.
- Experience managing and creating a diverse array of website content, from editorial blog development to gated content offers and landing pages.
- A history of managing content categorization and optimization for a blog.
- A history of managing a team of freelance contributors or a content agency.
- High level of financial planning knowledge. Must be familiar with the robo-advisory space, and the retirement space.
- Must be a team player who works well under pressure in an extremely fast-paced, multitasking environment
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, benefit packages that fit your needs (infertility and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits available), flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 4-6 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote