Content Marketing Writer
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are searching for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative Content Marketing Writer to help us make Stash’s blog and newsletter a success. This hire will be an essential part of our content team and will be responsible for writing, editing, producing, and pitching pieces.
This position offers tons of opportunity for growth in areas including editorial, production, marketing, and investor education. We’re creative, we’re excited, we love what we’re working on. We just need you to round out the team!
What you'll do:
- Produce 2-3 articles a week, alternating between short and long form stories
- Help with the production of Stash’s weekly newsletter
- Consult the team on large projects that include data and investor education
- Help the team increase readership by coming up with ideas to make StashLearn the best resource in finance
- Write and schedule social media for all articles written across all channels while assisting with the management of editorial flow
- Run CMS on a day to day basis making sure that all articles, features, videos, and assets are shining
- Work with data team to create learning paths within articles in order to ensure our readers get the most of our their experience
- Help maintain the editorial calendar - making sure we're hitting our deadlines and managing up on big projects
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of journalism and CMS production experience at a consumer-facing online publication
- Proven success writing about general finance, personal finance, investing, and/or retirement
- Experience with Wordpress
- Passion for news, an avid reader of financial news and beyond
- A clean, easy-to-understand writing style, fit for a beginner audience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, constantly changing startup environment
- Dependable, flexible, and deadline-oriented
- A team player who loves learning new skills and taking on unfamiliar challenges
- Experience with data visualization
- Content marketing experience
*Please provide links or attachments to examples of your published writing*
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.