Content Strategist and Writer at Brex
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Marketing at Brex
The Marketing team tells the Brex story, determines messaging and positioning, and translates our reimagined products and features into tangible customer benefits. Our marketers—across Brand, PMM, Content, and Performance—are responsible for acquiring new customers and have a deep understanding of the business. We’re a highly cross-functional team and partner most closely with the Product, Sales, BD, and Design teams to help our prospects and customers grasp how we can help them reach their full potential.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Content Strategist and Writer to uplevel and scale our content. You will position us as a trusted authority and aspirational brand for technology and newly incorporated ecommerce companies. We’re seeking a smart, ambitious, self-starter who can balance strategic thinking with written execution. You will be developing and executing world-class content (thought leadership, customer profiles, data trends, email sequences, etc.) while being presented with the challenge of helping to optimize and execute our new content strategy. You will have a strong understanding of a B2B buyer’s journey and are familiar with examples of inventive consumer/B2C campaigns.
Check out some of our existing content by taking a look at our Brex Quarterly Review, a Customer Spotlight, and our guide for WFH. Examples of where we are just getting started.
- Create content - Using our in-house and network subject-matter experts, build the materials our customers and community need to start and scale their businesses successfully
- Act as the glue on cross-functional content projects - Using ruthless prioritization, outstanding communication, and strategic thinking, work cross-functionally and with external partners to deliver high quality content on time and with meticulous attention to detail, grammar, and poetic devices
- Strategically and creatively distribute content - Using our owned, paid, and partner channels, find new and impactful ways to get your incredible content in front of the audiences that need it to start and scale
- Embrace ambiguity and change - Thriving in a dynamic and fast-changing environment, challenge the status quo to drive constant improvement
- 4+ years of experience creating compelling and differentiated content
- Excellent written communicator with the ability to understand the audience, structure effective presentations, and distill key messages in order to effectively inform and persuade (writing samples will be requested)
- Strong analytical skills to track, analyze, and incorporate data driven insights to report on and optimize campaigns
- Ability to lead and collaborate on cross-functional projects and multitask with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Big-picture thinker with strong business discernment and high degree of creativity in identifying and capitalizing on opportunities
- Tech, finance, or data journalism background